|No Costly Infrastructure required
- Can transport cargo and/or passengers to and from points A
and B without the need for transport infrastructure, ie:
eliminates need for roads, railways, waterways, airports or
|Revolutionary Effect on Africa
- Ability to cost-effectively transport heavy freight and/or
passengers to previously inaccessible, or difficult to access
- Most eco-friendly means of mass transport available today
- Important consideration with respect to worldwide concerns
about increasing pollution and greenhouse gas effects.
|Lands on Dirt
- No need for paved run- ways.
|Access Remote Areas
- Can land on virtually any relatively flat surface, providing
- Lands in a much shorter distance than traditional aircraft.
|Uses Less Land Space
- Can land in areas where traditional aircraft can not,
providing greater versatility.
|Unique Structural Design
- Has a patented internal frame , inspired by a design
currently used in modern bridge construction known as "stay
|Greater Load Capacity
More Cost Competitive
- This provides a quantum leap in cargo weights and volumes
that can be transported over short or long distances.
- Competitive transport costs as compared with traditional
means of transport.
|Multi Task Efficient
Can carry detachable, customisable cargo pods. Pods can be
configured as hospitals, schools, housing facilities, etc.
|Less down time - More Flying Time!
- Greatly increased versatility and cost effectiveness of the
African Airships. The pods can be fully customised to meet
different requirements, allowing the same aircraft to be used
for many different purposes without the need to modify the
African Airships itself.
- Can provide an instant infrastructure at the destination
point. Greatly reduced time required for loading and
unloading aircraft - full pods and empty pods can simply be
exchanged, maximising flight availability time.
Flies on relatively small amounts of power at low speeds, much like
airships, but without the operational drawbacks of a traditional
|Greater Flexibility of Use
- Enables long loiter times and range. Facilitates specialised
operations such as airdropping of cargo, fire fighting, mining
in remote areas,
however unlikely such an event may be; likewise, and equally more
helium lost, the longer the runway required).however unlikely such
an event may be; likewise, and equally unlikely, they can land
safely with a total loss of helium (simply, the more helium lost, the
longer the runway required).
- Clear and outstanding improvements in safety.